Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hey Kiddo.....

Hey Kiddo:

I'll turn in my Man Card now since many of The Brotherhood would object to me writing to you tonight.

It's just one of those things.  Rationally, and in a real-life kind of way, it makes not a bit of sense.  Deeper than real life, if that's possible, it does.

Simple as it may be, in that real life sort of way, it becomes real fucked.
Simply, I miss you.


That night we went to see her.  I believe you felt what I'd been feeling for such a long time.  We'd both lost something precious.

I was driving tonight, listening to the radio when a blast from the past came on.  It reminded me of a song they'd play at weddings.  Those used to be so much fun.  Of course, today, they have an entirely different effect.  Bob Seger belted out "We Got Tonight"....


Anyway, that night we were both lonely and 'your plans didn't involve me'......

And in the real sense, our plans really don't involve each other for some real and practical reasons.

But you over there, and me here, well.....we still got tonight......and tonight, even if you don't knowl.....thanks for lifting my loneliness....

Be good.




3 comments:

  1. I just found this one because I was looking for anything~anything you might have written that I had missed. This is a real, true and honest 'love' letter.
    I am intrigued by your incredible mind.
    Missing the 'story'...always wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. This will remain unsent, leaving my ManCard status in place, preserving my happy slap-ass credibility.....Thanks for reading....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries. This will remain unsent, leaving my ManCard status in place, preserving my happy slap-ass credibility.....Thanks for reading....

    ReplyDelete