Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Grocery Shopping

I've really come to love grocery shopping.  Although I didn't realize until today.  I've come back to my home town after a long time away.   Many folks have no idea who I am in town anymore, though I recognize many here.

In the store today I saw Colleen.  When I was merely a boy, she was a few years my elder.  How I adored her back then.  She was/is beautiful.  I remember her as a teenager, a senior.  I was a freshman in high school.  She had black, black, really black hair.  Shimmering black hair. She had/has blue/blue/blue eyes.  A blue that her black hair, cascading down past her shoulders would make any a heart melt.

She was unfortunate to become pregnant in her senior year.  The father would have nothing to do with her and she raised her daughter by herself.  With family support she completed her high school....university and eventually her teacher's degree.  She is now a teacher in the local elementary school. From what I understand, she's well respected by the students.

From an observation of her cart, she's pretty health aware.   Though, her wonderful shimmering black hair is dyed blonde and is now a short bob, her blue/blue/blue eyes remain.

The big ring on her finger is well displayed.....Good for her......I don't know who she hooked up with....and I hope she's happy.....

Later....

Deaner...

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what she would think to realize how well you remember her all these years removed and thank you for another subtle and effectively crafted portrait. Enjoyable as always.

    ReplyDelete