Thursday, November 12, 2015

Remembrance Day

It’s not too often I get like this anymore.  To tell the truth, I feel flattened of late.  I’m not too riled about much.  Annoyed perhaps, but I don’t feel the fire I used to have.  I’m not sure if it’s just old age, or am I just one of Skinner’s dogs in the steel cage, non-plussed by the electric current running through it.
Today is a little different.  I guess it’s the yesterday by now.  It’s 1:00 am on the day after Remembrance Day after all.  So for argument’s sake, we’ll call it yesterday, although it’s spilling over into today.  I’m feeling some fire.  Some would call it anger.  I just spent the day remembering my little brother in one side of my head while hearing utter bullshit from everyone on the other.
Remembering him as a kid, he was my opponent.  Glen and my older brother would be a team.  It wasn’t a plan to screw me as much as to involve him in the hockey, baseball, football, or whatever goofy game we could dream up.  Sure I lost those games.  They were unevenly matched.  But it involved Glen in the games.
As an adult, he was my teammate. I remember one time talking to him on the phone about how Nancy was having a rough time and going through an MS relapse and my job demanding so much at the time.  To add to the shittiness happening at the time, the roof on my house had developed a leak.  He and my dad showed up a week later, travelling down to Ohio to repair my roof.
Today I listened to politicians and newscasters talk about how our fallen fought for our freedom.  That’s where the anger of today sets in.  It’s my opinion, and be sure I keep this to myself, not since 1945 has a war by North American troops been fought for freedom. They can all tongue my hairy asshole and fondle my ever descending balls.  Glen died because of a falsified war which benefits only those who manufacture munitions and planes.
Glen was blown up by a suicide bomber.  It didn’t have to be. 
Someone has to step down from the jingoism first.
At this point Jack is telling me I should stop writing shit.
Mr. Daniels is likely right.
I haven’t felt fire in a while.  It used to be about women.
Later


Deaner

No comments:

Post a Comment