Thursday, May 4, 2017

Not So Daily, Daily May 4

I sit here in the Cancer Center as the American Congress votes on the American Health Care Act.  Perhaps it's my liberal bias, but I am truly baffled.  I could not possibly pay for my health care out of pocket.  I could not have paid for Nancy's MS treatment and custodial care out of pocket.  I certainly could not have paid for Jackson's 9 month hospitalization, 8 surgeries, and subsequent care out of pocket. And yet America is getting ready to make health care unreachable for many middle class and poor people across the nation.  For what?  To give rich people choice? The real beneficiaries are insurance companies.  They will once again be able to deny high cost patients coverage and provide rich packages to the healthy rich.

'Merica!

Later

Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment