Saturday, February 15, 2014

Baby all grown up....

So, it's Valentine's Day.  I have no outrageous tales to tell of today. I just hung out with my son.  My daughter was out with her girlfriend. It's still not 'out' that she was out with her girlfriend.  That would be difficult given the staunch stance of her grandmother about such things.  She hasn't even come out to me, which I understand.  Though when she does, I will be elated.

I do envy her.  I surely do miss being in love.  Don't get me wrong though.  I still do dearly love Nancy.  The hole I feel without her may never fill.  That love is still strong.  The filled heart feeling that Bailey may be feeling right now, I remember.  I miss it.

I do fear for her.  She is getting ready to go away to school.  The school she's chosen will split her from her 'best friend'.  From my own experience, long distance relationships can work.  Me and her mom were in such a situation for four years while I was at school.  It was hard.  But it was worth it for sure.  I'm sure her mom had a much more difficult time at resisting urges than I did just because of the opportunity.  There were more of many men chasing her than women chasing me, I'm sure.

My fear for her though, isn't much different than if she were into fellas.  Breaking up any relationship is hard, and even devastating.  As far as I can tell, she been with Alex going on two years.  Should she end up with Alex in the end, I would not be disappointed.  Though if she doesn't.  I hope she can recover.

Just a worried dad.

Later,

Deaner

No comments:

Post a Comment