Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bari Bari Good

Have you ever been happy to lose someone?  I don't mean the ridding of something untenable.  I mean happy to lose something you truly love.  It doesn't seem logical.  I'd logically  love to keep those things I love.  Though soon I will lose something I love and I am terribly happy about it.  I use terribly precisely.  It will be terribly terrific.

You see, tonight, I went to the last band concert I will ever have to attend.  At this concert, I saw my daughter, on the baritone sax, perform an excellent solo of 'Bari Bari Good'.  She was awesome.  I am happy because she has had an awesome high school experience being in the band and she excelled. I am happy because she is moving on next year to university. And it's terrible.....and yet so great.   She will not likely pursue music though it has been quite formative for her.  She will pursue biology which she also excelled at and which the university she will attend has chosen to award her with thousands of dollars to pursue. All of that is terrific.  However, she is blossoming. She is leaving.  Nobody could ask for more from their child.  Yet, she has grown up.  I will miss her relying on me.  I will miss being the one she turns to.  I know she will still come to me, but less so.  I am maybe scared I will become less important.  I don't know.

I sure was proud of her tonight.  She was excellent in her performance. I could not have asked for more in a daughter.

Later,

Deaner

2 comments: